As we look forward to tomorrow’s game with Sheffield Wednesday, we caught up with Owls fan and season ticket holder, Ash.
As we look forward to tomorrow’s game with Sheffield Wednesday, we caught up with Owls fan and season ticket holder, Ash Finney (@AshFinney1). We ask him about Wednesday’s expectations before the season started, where he thinks they can finish off, among other topics.
1. What were your expectations before the season started?
I expected a mid table finish before the season started and we are well on our way to achieving this. With the takeover which has just gone through who knows? We could be challenging for a play-off spot come the end of the season!
2. You have had a fairly inconsistent season in terms of results, but still find yourselves hovering just outside the play-offs. Do you think you can achieve a play-off spot?
If and it’s a big if, we can sign some quality players who knows?! this is the best league in the world it is so unpredictable and on the day anyone can beat anyone!! I’d like to think we can but we’ll have to wait and see.
3. Stuart Gray continues to impress with the job he is doing at Wednesday – describe what sort of job you think Gray is doing at the moment.
A phenomenal job, Stuart Gray has been absolutely amazing for us and with the right backing in the transfer markets hopefully he can take us to the premier league, it’s definitely what Stuart deserves!
4. What business do you want Wednesday to do in the transfer window before it closes?
Sign a proven goalscorer, sign 1 or 2 quality wingers who can out a good cross into the box and I’d love us to sign Lewis McGugan too.
5. Which Wednesday player(s) are really excelling so far this season?
Kieran Westwood has been our player of the season!! Along with Tom Lees it’s amazing to think we got both these players on a free transfer! Bargains of the season in my eyes.
6. If you could take any Reading player, who would it be and why?
Garath McCleary. He is a winger that I have always admired since he was playing for Forest, I personally think that he has amazing quality and think he would do a great job for us.
7. What starting XI and shape do you expect to see from Gray on Saturday?
I expect to see the same tactics and starting line-up as Tuesday night as it did work well but we just couldn’t put our chances away and missed so many good opportunities.
8. Prediction for the game?
I always say you’ll beat us and when I have we haven’t lost so I’m going to say 2-1 Reading 😉
Once again good luck to everyone at Reading FC for the rest of the season, but not for Saturday! Give us a follow on twitter as well, I’m a realistic fan haha (@AshFinney1)
All the best lads.