As we look forward to tonight’s game against Rotherham, we caught up with Millers fan and season ticket holder, Deano
As we look forward to tonight’s game against Rotherham, we caught up with Millers fan and season ticket holder, Deano (@deano83rufc). We ask about the much-debated Steve Evans, Rotherham’s survival hopes, his prediction, among other topics.
1. What were your expectations before the season started? Are you probably about where you would have expected to be?
Just survivial being realistic so we’ll be more than chuffed with a win tonight, everyone expected us to be where we are although in these parts we’re slightly disappointed we aren’t a bit higher in the table with how certain games have panned out.
2. You`ve got two cup finals over the coming week to determine your fate, how confident are you of avoiding the drop?
As you know 3 points tonight and it’s job done for us and we can relax a bit at Leeds this weekend You never know what’s going to happen with this team but in every big game when it’s mattered in recent years under Evans, we’ve tended to deliver.
3. What do you make of the points deduction? Were you surprised by the punishment?
Not surprised at all, it was always going to be 3 points lost as we won the game in question, the thing we can’t comment on is the circumstances of what happened as we’ll never know the exact error/cause of why we were found guilty.
4. Outside of Rotherham, Steve Evans doesn`t carry the best reputation with most people. What about in Rotherham, what do you make of him?
He gets the job done and is a passionate bloke, by his own admission he’s made mistakes this season mainly through the use of a load of loan players, too many! – but we’re all human. If he does leave this summer, as he’s been strongly linked with the Peterborough job, then we wish him well. At the end of the day he’s the type of bloke you loathe unless he’s being successful at your own club.
5. Which Rotherham player(s) are really excelling so far this season?
Our player of the year is Richie Smallwood who does the sitting job in midfield. Has been a great buy from Middlesbrough after helping us to promotion on loan last season.
6. If you could take any Reading player, who would it be and why?
Nath Chalobah on a season long loan haha! Quality player. Failing that I’ve always liked Simon Cox wherever he’s been and would fit well into our current squad.
7. What starting XI and shape do you expect to see from Evans on Tuesday?
Possibly the same 11 for the third consecutive game, 4-4-2 formation and of course looking to start quickly and get our noses infront.
8. Prediction for the game?
Millers to edge it by the odd goal, 2-1.