As we look forward to our game with Leicester tomorrow, we caught up with Foxes season ticket holder and fan, Harry Pickering, to ask a few questions before the match.
As we look forward to our game with Leicester today, we caught up with Foxes season ticket holder and fan, Harry Pickering (@_harrylcfc), to ask a few questions before the match. We ask Harry about Leicester’s great start to the season, their stand-out performers so far and a prediction for the game. Cheers Harry!
1. What were your expectations before the season started and have they changed after your great start?
My expectations were a little lower than last season, after the heartbreak of last season I thought it might hurt us. I was very wrong. I expected us to finish in the play offs. My expectations have changed because of such a great start we have had, incredible.
2. Nigel Pearson was reportedly close to being sacked after your play-off failure last season – did you want him to leave then and how good a job has he done in this campaign?
I didn’t want Pearson to leave, because we need to give him time to settle and build the squad to take it forward. I’m pleased with him. He is doing a great job, at the start of the season he was playing 3-5-2 and it didn’t work, but now 4-4-2 is proving to be a success.
3. Why do you think you are playing with so much more confidence compared to last season?
I think because all the players know each other and have gelled together as we hardly signed anyone in the summer, it’s working so far.
4. Who are your stand out players in the side at the moment?
My stand out players in the side would have to be Kasper Schmeichel, Jamie Vardy, Danny Drinkwater, Wes Morgan and Lloyd Dyer.
5. If you could take any Reading player at the moment,who would it be and why?
I would have to take Billy Sharp. Simply because of his goalscoring record in this division, and we need a goalscorer in our team.
6. What starting XI and shape do you expect to see on Thursday from Pearson?
I expect a 4-4-2 formation wanting to attack.
De Leat,Morgan, Moore,Koncheksy
Knockaert, Drinkwater,James, Dyer
7. What is your prediction for the game?
My prediction for Thursdays game is a 3-1 win for Leicester. But Reading will put up a good fight and it will be a very tough game.