As we look forward to tomorrow’s game against Huddersfield at the John Smith’s Stadium, we took the opportunity to catch up with our friends over at Vital Huddersfield.
As we look forward to tomorrow’s game against Huddersfield at the John Smith’s Stadium, we took the opportunity to catch up with our friends over at Vital Huddersfield. Terrier 24 talks about their expectations for the season, which Reading player he would like to see in a Huddersfield shirt (again) and a prediction for the match.
1. What were your expectations before the season started?
Not to be at the wrong end of the table come the final 3 games, that still remains my expectation! Mid table obscurity would be welcomed!
2. Now we are 19 games into the Championship season, what are the realist expectations for Huddersfield?
We are playing some nice football and looking good at the minute, however inconsistency will probably mean we will finish mid-table and not in the play-offs as some are hoping for. This however would be a very successful season for a club in its 2nd year in the Championship.
3. Mark Robins has been in charge for nearly a year now, how would you describe his impact so far and has it been an upgrade on Simon Grayson?
Robins has brought a breath of fresh air to the club. He has revamped it from the top down. Bringing in his own coaches and changing the style of play and mentality of the club. He is perhaps a bit stricter with the players but perhaps thats what they needed as things look a lot rosier than a year ago.
4. James Vaughan has been in outstanding form for you, do you worry about losing him in January or the summer?
Mark Robins has said he isnt going anywhere, and i tend to believe him in this instance, that being said if we were to be offered crazy money for a player we reportedly paid only £750k for then that would be incredibly good business by the club.
5. Apart from Vaughan, who are the other stand out players in your side at the moment?
Adam Hammill is the real dangerman. He can play in a variety of positions and tops the assists charts this season. When he is on song, which has been a lot recently, Town seem to do well in games.
6. If you could take any Reading player at the moment, who would it be and why?
Sadly I will be predictable, Sean Morrison, We need a new CB in his mould.
7. What starting XI and shape do you expect to see on Saturday from Robins?
I would expect we will see the 3-5-2 line-up which has returned and proved successful in the past 4 games.
8. What is your prediction for the game?
Huddersfield 3-2 Reading