As we look forward to today’s game against Huddersfield, we caught up with our friends over at Vital Huddersfield.
As we look forward to today’s game against Huddersfield, we caught up with our friends over at Vital Huddersfield, to ask a few questions ahead of our fixture. We ask about their expectations for the rest of the season, why a play-off push hasn’t worked out for them this season and how Mark Robins has got on a year in charge now. You can see our answers here on Vital Huddersfield.
1. What were your expectations before the season started and have they changed at all over the course of the season?
Expectations were quite simple, stay in the division. There was a point around Christmas that I think a lot of people thought we could kick on for a high finish, with maybe even an outside chance of a late play-off push. However the season has somewhat petered out and now seems like quite a flat finish; ultimately however we are going to finish around about where we expected.
2. Do you feel that your away form has affected a possible play-off push?
Definitely, players loss of form, tinkering with tactics and a failure to deliver performances away from home have resulted in us losing vital ground in the table and at crucial times of the season.
3. It has been over a year now since Mark Robins was appointed as manager – how would you assess his first year and a bit in charge?
Generally he has been a success. There have been a few turning against him recently with the free-flowing attacking football somewhat non-evident in a recent string of under-par performance; however he has revamped the style of play and brought in several exciting young prospects who we have yet to really see make an impact.
4. Your form as of late hasn`t been too good, what are the reasons for this?
End of season syndrome, mid table syndrome. I don`t think anyone can explain it, we wanted a late push for the top 10 but we seemingly have just failed to deliver a performance or a back to back display.
5. Who are your stand out players in the side at the moment?
Adam Clayton has taken the plaudits of late but has seemingly gone off the boil in recent matches, Adam Hammill I would say has been the stand out overall performer topping the assists charts and he has recently started finding the net also.
6. If you could take any Reading player at the moment, who would it be and why?
Sean Morrison; he may have been out injured but he is the exact kind of centre half that we are lacking
7. What starting XI and shape do you expect to see on Saturday from Robins?
He is becoming quite difficult to predict with formation but suggestions are he will go with a 4-5-1 formation. It could look something like this.
Woods/Smith, Gerrard, Clarke, Dixon
Clayton, Norwood, Hogg
8. What is your prediction for the game?
Our away form is dismal and you will want to avenge the Barnsley result.. Reading 2-1 Huddersfield.