As we look ahead to tonight’s game with Nottingham Forest, we caught up with season ticket holder and fan Jay Rosam.
As we look ahead to tonight’s game with Nottingham Forest, we caught up with season ticket holder and fan Jay Rosam (@forest_jay). He talks about Forest’s hopes for this season, the return of Garath McCleary and Chris Gunter and his prediction for the game. Thanks Jay!
1. What were your expectations before the season started?
I’d have to say I was reasonably confident of a play off place even though I thought that this years Championship looked a lot stronger than last years.
2. Now we are 16 games into the Championship season and after your good start, is play-offs the minimum expectation from Forest fans? How confident are you?
I think the play offs still has to be the target. We’re in a decent position & haven’t played brilliantly in every game. The Leicester result seems to have put us back on track after a rocky patch. But that said I think we’re in a pack of 8 or more teams vying for those four lottery places.
3. Billy Davies is back for his second spell at Forest, what did you think of his original appointment and what impact has he had so far?
We’ll he was ex D**by manager but won me over after his 1st press conference. He can get a lot out of the players he has & is passionate to the core. The media crap that comes with him is annoyance but results matter a lot more than post match interviews.
As for the impact he’s had so far this time… Still early days but I think he’s putting together a decent squad that will do well this season but be title contenders next year if we fail this time round.
4. Who is your stand out player at the moment?
Chris Cohen…. But he’s now out for the rest of the season. This is a huge blow. The guy (even from left back) is the heart, soul & engine room of this team. He’s gonna missed. So step forward Mr Henri Lansbury.
5. Garath McCleary and Chris Gunter return to the City Ground for the first time on Friday. What sort of reception do you think they will get and what did you make of them as players?
Gunter was a great player for us, gave everything. He deserved his chance at the next level & will get a warm welcome.
McCleary on the other hand will have to put up with about more stick, Forest spent a lot of time & effort turning Gareth from a non league player into a decent Championship player. He gave moments here & there, but then had a brilliant HALF a season & was off! I’ve struggled to forgive him.
6. If you could take any Reading player at the moment, who would it be and why?
Adam Le Fondre. The guy would be like final piece of the jigsaw. We don’t have that striker we the eye for goal.
7. What starting XI and shape do you expect to see on Saturday from Davies?
4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 depending which way you look at it. Cox will be the lone striker with Mackie & Lansbury supplying the balls.
8. What is your prediction for the game?
1-0 Forest. Home advantage should see us through.